In 2010, the Board of Directors of the Avery-Fuller-Welch Children’s Foundation (AFW) agreed to honor David Wisnom’s memory and years of dedicated service as a board member and president, with a special grant in his name. In 2015, the board agreed to change the name of the “David Wisnom Grant” to the “David and Ruth Wisnom Grant”, in honor of Ruth Wisnom’s longtime and continued dedication to the Foundation.
- The honorary grant is made directly to a provider that is serving a child/youth who exhibits extremely high need in any of AFW’s four program areas.
- The provider should have very specific goals and objectives along with a very strong and positive prognosis for the child.
- Honorary grant amounts will generally be higher than regular AFW grants (approximately $15,000 to $20,000).
- The honorary grant could possibly be a recurring grant, however, only one grant will be made per year.
- Providers awarded an honorary grant will be required to submit regular progress reports to AFW regarding the client’s prognosis and outcomes and may be asked to present to the AFW board.
- Please contact AFW Foundation staff if you believe your application fits the aforementioned guidelines. Staff will inform you as to if and how you should apply.
- Honorary grant applications must be submitted during AFW’s regular grantmaking cycles.